Sunday, December 7, 2008

Taking Breathing Tube Out

UPDATE: 10:18 - they want his breathing to be deeper so they will try to take the tube out again at NOON.

URGENT RIGHT NOW 10:15 AM!!!

David is able to follow instructions for everything but taking a deep breath, so they are taking his breathing tube out.

Pray that the deep breath of God would fill his lungs and that his body would rise to the challenge of breathing on it's own.

---

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until with Thee I will one will,
To do and to endure.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Blend all my soul with Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the passage in church this morning contained the scripture where God reached down in to the dust, crafted man and breathed life into him. May God renew his breath in David and fill his lungs!

Anonymous said...

David! Good Luck with your surgery and we're praying for you! Hope you feel better soon. You're in God's hands.
From-- Sophia's History Class

Anonymous said...

David,
You don't know me, but I know you through your sweet cousin, Sophia. It is so evident that you are part of such a loving and supportive family. My prayers are with you. I came across this family prayer the other week, and it makes me think of the love that surrounds you, not just now, but always.
Take care,
Diana Kokernot
****************
A Family Prayer

God made us a family
We need one another
We love one another
We forgive one another

We work together
We play together
There are times when we weep together
We have all grown together
With our hopes and our dreams
We rejoice together

We have made one another better
Than we could have ever been alone
God made us a family

I thank God for everyone,
For everything;
For the past
And
For the future.