Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hourly Scripture for Today

“Instead of yearning for a problem-free life, rejoice that trouble can highlight your awareness of My Presence. In the darkness of adversity, you are able to see more clearly the radiance of My Face. Accept the values of problems in this life, considering them pure joy. Remember that you have an eternity of trouble-free living awaiting you in heaven.”

Jesus Calling, Sarah Young, December 10

Kathe, many of these verses are from Isaiah. That is the book the Lord put on my heart for you for today. It is a book of comfort, a book of hope, and a book of renewal and promise. For it is a book all about a Son. A Son who would come to God’s People to comfort them with an eternal, everlasting comfort that would never end no matter the circumstances that came. That is the comfort the Father extends to you today – the comfort of the Son for your son. We love you and are battling in prayer on David’s behalf. Love, susannah

7am - “For from days of old they have not heard or perceived by ear,
Nor has the eye seen a God besides You,
Who acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him.” Isaiah 64:4

8am – “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” Revelation 3:20

9am – “Remember this, and be assured;
Recall it to mind, you transgressors.
Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’….
I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off;
And My salvation will not delay
And I will grant salvation in Zion,
And My glory for Israel.” Isaiah 46:8-10, 13

10am – “Can a woman forget her nursing child
And have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.
Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.
Your builders hurry;
Your destroyers and devastators
Will depart from you.
Lift up your eyes and look around;
All of them gather together, they come to you
As I live,” declares the LORD,
“You will surely put on all of them as jewels and bind them on as a bride.”
Isaiah 49:15-18

11am – “Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

12pm – “For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace,
On the throne of David and over his kingdom,
To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness
From then on and forevermore
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.” Isaiah 9:6-7

1pm – “Comfort, O comfort My people,” says your God.
“Speak kindly to Jerusalem;
And call out to her, that her warfare has ended,
That her iniquity has been removed,
That she has received of the LORD’S hand
Double for all her sins.” Isaiah 40:1-2

2pm – “But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.
For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;’” Isaiah 43:1-3

3pm – “I will go before you and make the rough places smooth;
I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.
I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden wealth of secret places,
So that you may know that it is I,
The LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.” Isaiah 45:2-3

4pm – “Come, let us return to the LORD
For He has torn us, but He will heal us;
He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.
He will revive us after two days;
He will raise us up on the third day,
That we may live before Him.
So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth.” Hosea 6:1-3

5pm – “When Israel was a youth I loved him,
And out of Egypt I called My son.
The more they called them,
The more they went from them…
Yet it is I who taught Ephraim to walk,
I took them in My arms;
But they did not know that I healed them.
I led them with cords of a man, with bonds of love,
And I became to them as one who lifts the yoke from their jaws;
And I bent down and fed them.” Hosea 11:1-4
(Kathe, God the Father knows, loves, created, and identifies with your mother’s heart. He will lead and tenderly care for David even more than you do. I love you; you have been an incredible mother.)

6pm – “But Moses said to the people, ‘Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the LORD which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever. The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent.’” Exodus 14:13-14

7pm – “Then Moses and the sons of Israel sang this song to the LORD, and said,
‘I will sing to the LORD, for He is highly exalted;
The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.
The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father's God, and I will extol Him.
The LORD is a warrior;
The LORD is His name.’” Exodus 15:1-3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,
We are so proud of you. You are brave and courageous in the midst of adversity. We are praying for you and staying updated on your blog. We love you!
Guy and Bethany Freund

Anonymous said...

‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!

Kathe and Matt, Do not fear, for I have redeemed you AND David. I call him by name; David is Mine!

Anonymous said...

We love you so much David. Praying feircly for you. Auntie Beth, Uncle Pat, Max, Molly and Joe Pat

Drew Masterson said...

A beautiful snow is falling right now in Houston for David! We love you all so much and are continuing to pray!

xo
Madeline