Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."*

David had a good night!

His temperature is hovering around 99 degrees, so please continue to pray it drops. This is being monitored closely but no one seems alarmed as this happens frequently in David's situation.

His body is waking up slowly, he is a teenager (!), and normally as far as all can tell. He is coughing, making small noises, and involuntary movements!! He is "localizing" and has even raised his left arm when asked and brought it to his chest!!

The wonderful staff caring for David said that they are taking him on and off the sedation meds to see how he responds each time.

David slept well to his Selah worship playlist all night and we're looking forward to a great day of watching God do miracles with our David Baker!! He IS a miracle after all, and we stand amazed at what God has done, is doing, and will do in this young man's life.

Pray that fever down, pray for nurse Kristin who is with Dave today, and pray for David to wake up!

May you be blessed as you worship the MIGHTY and ABLE and LOVING God today...


*Lamentations 3:22-23

5 comments:

Kathy Masterson said...

Thanks for keeping the posts going. We are checking frequently to see how David is doing. We are praying for strenght for the whole Baker family.

kjmcswain said...

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations! Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!
Eph. 3:20 & 21 -The Message


We will continue to pray without ceasing, for the strength, health and faith of the entire Baker family. Thank you for the updates, it is awesome to see the prayer in action!

mac said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

I neglected to set my alarm for my time to pray and wouldn't you know that GOD WOKE ME UP on time! We love you guys and are so encouraged at what God is doing! PLEASE KNOW HOW MUCH WE CARE AND ARE PRAYING FERVENTLY! Hugs from the ACKERSONS

Claiming this Precious Psalm of David for our David:
Psalm 61
Hear my cry, O God; Give heed to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a refuge for me, A tower of strength against the enemy.
Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.
For You have heard my vows, O God; You have given me the inheritance of those who fear Your name.
You will prolong the king's life; His years will be as many generations. He will abide before God forever;
Appoint lovingkindness and truth that they may preserve him, So I will sing praise to You name forever, That I may pay my vows day by day."
Psalm 61

Unknown said...

Bill and I check these posts hourly to confirm what we know in our hearts--that our faithful, all-powerful God is moving in David's life . . . and the lives of you (Kathe, Matt, Austin, and Barbara). It is hard not to be with you and hold you tight in our arms, but know that from wherever we are you are being drawn so very close to our hearts. We shall not cease in our prayers for David nor our love for each of you.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear about David's temperature. Y'all are such a sweet family and I am praying!

Laura DeBellas