Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Impact


Focus on the Family Institute, has been praying for David...

A Christian Orphanage in Bangalore, India has been praying for David...

A Greek class in Dallas, Texas has been praying for David...

Businessmen from Singapore, Australia and Kuwait have been praying for David...

Elementary students across the country have been praying for David...

I think it's safe to say God's story in David has made an impact around the world...

In a time of advent, and as we celebrate Christmas in a couple of weeks, the timing of this part of the story makes me sit back and wonder...I'm a very curious person so it doesn't take a lot, but...

How has God used the past 11 days that you've prayed for David, wherever you are, to prepare you to celebrate, worship and BELIEVE Him this season?

2 comments:

mac said...

In this update you asked for the impact of God working through David's situation. Well, it's a pleasure to tell you that my 86 sixth grade Bible students at Grace Community School in Tyler TX have definitely been affected! Since we have been studying the amazing ATTRIBUTES of GOD in Bible this quarter, through this they have witnessed God's great power and faithfulness to David and to them firsthand! God is so displaying His divine character to their budding faith. Truly, it's amazing how the "SNOW" answered prayer brought such precious deLIGHT and FAITH-building to them all---I wish you could have heard/seen each class' response as we gathered around the computer and I showed them the SNOW pic and read about David's prayer for a miracle and SNOW! From cheers to "WOW" and "Cool"--it brought a resounding EXCLAMATION POINT to them that we serve an AWESOME GOD! It was only natural for us to break out in the song "Our God is an Awesome God!
WOW! We're excited! Eph.3:20-21 for sure!!! GLORY TO THE LORD!!!

Sending our JOY in Jesus,
Marilyn Ackerson

christian and amanda said...

As a mother, I struggle with fear that "something" might "happen" to my children one day. Seeing God's faithfulness to so many as we have prayed and been encouraged in our faith through David's time of need, I have been reminded that we have nothing to fear or dread as those who follow the King. Eventually, every family has struggles, I just hope that my family would bring as much glory to God in our time of struggle as the Bakers have!! Also, I was reading 1 Samuel yesterday and read the David and Goliath story with a big smile on my face, knowing that great faith is more powerful than great strength.