Thursday, December 11, 2008

HOW IS DAVID TODAY?!

The question of the day, for sure.

And here's your answer! David is doing well! He had a rough night of interrupted sleep and trying to keep food down, but Dr. Chen met with him today and is pleased with his progress and recovery. David is pretty pumped up about his scar and actually sounded disappointed that his hair would grow back and cover it. Boys.

It sounds like it could be as little as a week or two before David is home!

Please pray that David's swelling will go down and that tomorrow would be a day full of yummy food that stays in his tummy; that the emotions of the past week and a half would not utterly exhaust the Baker fam and that they would be energized to press on to "run with endurance the race that is set before" them.

I've been so consumed with shock and awe from yesterday, that I haven't even known what to write today, and I'm sorry because I know you've been waiting waiting waiting. Or refreshing, refreshing, refreshing.

I did get an email from Susan this morning that resonated with my heart, and I thought I'd share it with you -

"I woke up this morning singing 'Holy, Holy, Holy' to myself.

Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God Almighty
Early in the morning my song will rise to Thee
Holy, Holy, Holy
All the saints adore Thee
Perfect in power, love and purity

Yesterday God's power was displayed through the hands of Dr. Chen as he took care of the aneurysm but was able to leave David's mind complete in the process. Lord, I praise you for your power that has been perfected through David's weakness. And then His love was so evident as He sent so many friends to minister to the Baker family and help hold their arms up during a very difficult day...some came from across the ocean, showing up at just the right moment. AND THEN HIS PURITY WAS MANIFESTED THROUGH THE SNOW! Beautiful, large, white flakes floating down from heaven to celebrate the end of a very long, emotionally charged day!

Isaiah 1:18, 19 speaks of snow like this:
"Come now, let us reason together,"
says the Lord.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as WHITE AS SNOW;
THOUGH THEY ARE RED AS CRIMSON,
THEY SHALL BE LIKE WOOL.
If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the best from the land..."

Yes, He is Perfect in Power, Love and Purity

love, susan"

P.S. I have more installments of Shave for Dave moments, but the site won't let me load pictures right now :( Maybe tomorrow! I think the Shave for Dave tally is either at, or very close to 20!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome is our God! I'm so glad to hear that David's doing well. I'm praying for you Dave! :D
God Bless!
<3 Jana

P.S. I'm almost done with your birthday present. Haha. There's just a few more finishing touches I need to do to it.

Justin Thurman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin Thurman said...

Hey buddy! Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY dude! I know it's a little late but it's in the same week, still counts. Glad to hear surgery went well! We're all praying for ya up here. If anybody strong can get through this, it's you man. I wanna put together a band and i need someone to lay down some sick beats with a bongo, but i can't find anyone as good as you. So i need u to get better so u can come play for me when we go on tour. Our band's gonna be called the Bangin Bongos, lead by you, Crazy Dave! haha :) Stay strong in the Lord and keep the faith. God's already done miracles with you and will do many more. He's got big plans for you and is using you for great things bigger than you know. You're a great man of God, and an inspiration to us all. Stay cool man... love ya dude!

Julie said...

God is Great! It is difficult to imagine such a large aneurysm ending so well. We prayed in New Braunfels also. We wouldn't want to distract you in the midst of the last week, but now we will praise Him who brought this to pass.

Steve and Julie Ousley