Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moment by Moment

David's fever has come back up to 101. They are putting a cooling blanket on him.

His heart rate and breathing is slower, without the breathing tube, but with a medicine being administered through a nose tube that has helped to calm him down.

We are on our knees here.

"It is moment by moment back there" Matt

So breathe it in and breathe it out
Listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment

There's only One who knows
What's really out there waiting
In all the moments yet to be
And all we need to know
He's out there waiting
To Him the future's history

And He has given us a treasure called right now
And this is the only moment we can do anything about

So breathe it in and breathe it out
Listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment

And if it brings you tears
Then taste them as they fall
Let them soften your heart

And if it brings you laughter
Then throw your head back
And let it go
Let it go, yeah
You gotta let it go

And listen to your heartbeat

And breathe it in and breathe it out
And listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment -SCC

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt and Kathe,

I am praying - all the time - David is continually being lifted up to our Lord who is faithful. I know that God is in control - and that is about all I can say as it is enough. We are dependent on Him for everything and sometimes it takes a situation such as this for us all to be reminded. I want David to know that he is changing lives.

I so appreciate the updates. I am running back and forth to my computer.

You all are loved - tell David.

Rebecca

Honduras Project said...

Matt and Kathe,
We love you and you are in our thoughts, hearts and prayers. Our God is merciful and loveing and with Him ALL things are possible. We love and are praying for you and your family and especially for David.
David and Candy

Shari Harris said...

Matt & Kathe,
Madeline shared this blog with me, I wanted you to all know that you are in our prayers as well. There is only one set of footprints in the sand right now...may you feel His loving arms around you.

Marsha said...

David, we have just read the great news that you have seen your siblings and are even joking with them. Man you are a trooper. Adam, Claudia, Ben and I (Aunt Marsha) have kept you in constant prayer along with all of your many prayer warriors. Keep on keeping on! With much love, prayer and support,

Aunt Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey David this Elizabeth Clark. I am friends with Sophia. I am praying for you! :-)
Hey this is Gillian, I am friends with Sophia, I am praying for you too, hope you get better!!!
Heyy David, this is Aisha I am Sophia's friend and i have constintely been checking your website for updates. My family and I are praying for you. Hope everything is well! :D <3 <-heart!
Hello, David! This is Claire speaking, I don't know you, and I'm pretty sure you don't know me, but I really do hope that you will get better soon, I'm pretty sure of it :D Many prayers <3
FROM SOPHIA"S CONDIONING CLASS!!!!!!!!!:-)