Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

What a special Christmas this is - for the Bakers, for all of us who have lifted David up before the Lord. We have all witnessed a miracle - it's a special Christmas, indeed.

It is impossible to not imagine what that first Christmas long ago was like after experiencing the first two weeks of December with the Bakers. What must it have been like as Mary and Joseph gazed at the Christ-child, the miracle baby? I bet it was pretty special. They witnessed a miracle unlike any other. They were given such a special gift.

So were we. In David, yes, but in Jesus. All other gifts pale in comparison to the gift of Jesus.

A gift that was once wrapped in swaddling clothes, with no bow, no ribbon.

A gift that was born miraculously of a virgin - a baby born to die.

A gift that was given to pay for the sins of this world.

There IS no other gift like Jesus!!

If you haven't accepted this precious gift from God, His Son, we pray you will this Christmas.

Because there is nothing, nothing, nothing more special than that.

Merry Christmas!!


"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

Luke 19:10

4 comments:

Ruth Ewert said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, i can't even imagine how i would feel if this was one of my kids. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. What a special christmas you have had. Anyone that does not beleive in miracles just needs to read this blog!

jfoz said...

Hi howdy Bakers!!!! I can't stop thinking about you guys!!! Merry merry Christmas! It's true - I imagine we are all a little different after this - I am. Nothing is quite the same - my worship is different, my prayers are different, Christmas shopping was most definitly different. How come we make Christmas so trivial?? gifts and really silly stuff...not being scrooge - it's just after experiencing "God with us" the first two weeks of December - Macy's just didn't do anything for me this year. I hope my prayer life never goes back to what it was before David Baker -Praying Him Through. What a battle! What friends, how beautiful the Body of Christ, Ours GOD is AWESOME!

We are so happy to hear DB is doing great....prayng for you ALL!!

We love you soooo much Bakers.....please let us know when we can come for a visit!!?! The kids asked today if David Baker could have visitors :) We can come for a minute if need be :)
Janet

Daniel Cooper said...

David & Baker Family,
You do not know me but, I am a friend of Elle's from high school. I occasionally read her blog and came across this blog. I started reading it from the first post until now and have felt incredibly blessed to have gotten the chance to read about your lives and faith! I truly believe that God has done an amazing miracle through David! Wow! I am blown away at the things He has done! Thanks for sharing this with others because it has blessed me and strengthened my faith! I am praying for you and your family! God Bless!
Amy Cooper