Monday, December 8, 2008

Day of Encouragement

David is having a wonderful day of encouragement! (the Goode Co. shake didn't hurt) ;)

Shaved heads seem to be popping up everywhere...the latest was Big Bear (Kathe's Dad)!! Talk about making David smile!

He is still very tired but his cough his getting better...his throat is still swollen from the respirator/feeding tube so we are praying the swelling will go down today.

More and more doctors are coming in to check on David - all of them having heard or observed his surgery, and the family is seeing even more the opportunity they have to share our hope of Jesus.

The nurses are loving Janet Foz's homemade cookies and all of the Christmas decorations...we wonder if Trauma ICU has ever been this much fun for them? I doubt it, since Big Dave has never been in there before...and I'm sure it won't be as much fun when he leaves...

But I guess they'll just have to deal with that!! Because we are praying him through this to get him better and get him home!

1 comment:

Jenna Weikel said...

Hey David, this is Shane! I really miss seeing you man. We really have to record that song when you get better : ). I hope everything is going well. I can't wait to see. I'm praying for you so much.
Shane