Thursday, February 26, 2009

Psalm 73:23-28

"Nevertheless I am continually with Thee;
Thou hast taken hold of my right hand.
With Thy counsel Thou wilt guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but Thee?
And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

For, behold, those who are far from Thee will perish;
Thou has destroyed al those who are unfaithful to Thee,
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Thy works."

David slept well last night and continues to dose off and on - but he has been swallowing the water Kathe has been able to swab in his mouth, and overall, as far as we can tell, he has been much more "with it" this morning! YES SIR!!

Dr. Chen has already stopped by and says David is progressing well - and "a few more days".

The word is that David might be getting a tray of clear liquids pretty soon so we are excited about that! Dave on the other hand has requested some "cinnamon whatevers" so the liquid tray might not be quite to his standards...but we are getting there!! (just heard that we are holding off on the feeding tube to see if Dave can get some nutrients another way...)

Immanuel, one of David's nurses, just walked in...

The nearness of God is our good.

P.S. Big Bear is getting to go home from the hospital today!

3 comments:

jfoz said...

Immanuel - God is with us! YOU are so amazing our God and OUR KING!

Praising you, trusting you, knowing you to take care of our friends!

David!! cinnamon whatevers....I like that - I am on it! Work with the liquids and we will take care of the cinammon whatevers.

LOVE YOU ALL, janet

Anonymous said...

this tray of clear liquids intrigues me. I'll pray that David finds all of them extremely delicious and that he says so clearly!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I am so happy to hear everything went well! I think about y'all constantly during the day. I would love to visit but I am still sick. :(

I am glad to hear the good news!

Laura DeBellas