Saturday, February 21, 2009

A New Day

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23

This morning we pray that David's brain continues to heal, that any swelling would be minimal and not damaging, that he could rest today and come completely "off" the medicine that alters - and be complete - fully himself.

Please continue to pray for Big Bear, he was admitted into Methodist Hospital and the doctors are doing some blood work to determine what kind of infection he has. Please pray that the doctors can quickly see what is causing his fevers and trembling.

5 comments:

mac said...

Psalm 95
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.

I prayed this psalm today and thought, "Oh LORD, this is so DAVID--singing, shouting, rapping, declaring---YOU ARE GOD!"

We are praising Him for what HE IS DOING in and through the whole of this situation--Big Bear, too. May the Lord surround him with a steady heart of faith, hope, and love!

PRAYING! BELIEVING GOD!
Hugs from East Texas,
Marilyn and David Ackerson

Anonymous said...

Praises and prayers continue to go up...We are consumed by the goodness of the Lord.
We love you all.
Greg & Elizabeth

Nancy said...

I want you all to know how much watching this blog and praying with you has meant to me. My sister works at the school where David attends and she called me to ask me to pray and spread the prayer request to my prayer warrior circle. So I have been doing that ever since the crisis began. Reading this blog and following along has been so powerful! I am so encouraged by the support, prayers, scriptures, and faith that has been shown. Thank you doing this and sharing with all of us. It has really stirred my faith and my walk!
Nancy Coburn
Albuquerque, NM

Anonymous said...

Praying for Big Bear, David and the entire family. I Thess 5:16-18

Anonymous said...

You precious people are in our thoughts and prayers.
Chris and Jim Farris
Pearland, TX